tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 30 07:08:51 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: toy'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon word: toy'
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: serve (a master)

wo' toy'taHvIS Hegh 'e' tul Hoch tlhIngan
To die while serving the Empire is the hope of every Klingon. TKW

tlhIngan Hol yejHaD Datoy'mo' pInaD
Because you serve the Klingon Language Institute, we commend you. FMC

"The honor is to serve." (Worf to Riker on being asked to join his team in war games [TNG "Peak Performance"])

Gowron dismissed Lursa and B'Etor with a curt "Women may not serve on the Council" (TNG "Redemption I").

Related words:

tlhab 	 be free (v)
ghatlh 	 dominate (v)
vum 	 	 work, toil (v)

jab 		 serve food (v)
wech 		 serve fermented food at its peak (v)

toy'wI'  	 servant (n)
toy'wI''a'  slave (n)

--
Voragh