tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 01:45:18 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Dante qul'a'

De'vID ([email protected])

> nIqolay:
>> Some of the postings I'd read were interpreting it as a quantity noun like
>> Hoch et al., meaning "each, taken one at a time".

Voragh:
> If you look at the examples you'll see that {ngIq} is always first word in the clause, i.e. in the adverbial position:

I thought it was an adverbial too, until 'ISqu' and others corrected
me, who had apparently heard from Okrand himself that it's a noun at
the qep'a' where they did the proofreading. The fact that it's the
first word in every example we have seems to be only a coincidence.

In a message dated Jan. 2, 2012, 'ISqu' wrote to the mailing list:
> qaStaHvIS qep'a' jIHvaD jatlh Marc Okrand: <<"adverb" 'oHbe' {ngIq}'e'. DIp 'oH.>>
(Source: /tlhIngan-Hol/2012/January/msg00020.html)

--
De'vID