tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 10 07:27:06 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DIlyum

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon word:   DIlyum
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition:     trillium

An unspecified form of Organian merchandise possibly related to Trillium 323, a valuable Caldonian mineral (TNG "The Price").

"I am Spock, a dealer in *kevas* and *trillium*." (TOS "Errand of Mercy")

"He is a Vulcanian merchant, mainly concerned with how he will carry on business under our occupation." (Klingon guard, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

"He will find that business has taken a turn for the worse." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

"It's a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Spock." (Kirk, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

Related words:

qevaS 		*kevas* (n)
Suy 			merchant (n)
tlhIl 		mineral (n)
malja'  		business (n)

tlhong 		bargain, barter (v)
mech 			trade (v)
je' 			buy, purchase (v)
ngev 			sell (v)
DIl 			pay for (v)
tam 			exchange (v)
Sutlh 		negotiate (v)

malja' Huq 	transact business (phrase)
- batlh malja' DaHuq  You transact business honorably. PK

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons