tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 02 00:54:50 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Facebook Translation Project [FTP]: weekdays

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am 02.03.2012 01:55, schrieb Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh:
tera' poH jaj wa', jar wa', jaj loSDIch, DIS wa'-Hut-Hut-chorgh:
HovpoHvetlh latlh nab yIHutlh.
Save this Stardate: Sunday, January 4, 1998

maj. Quvar jangchu' De'vetlh 'e' vIQub.

jIQoch.

Although I *always* follow the canon examples, I do not agree with this one to use it on Facebook. In this case I am speaking for
a) those who do not know this one example and
b) those who are not familiar with calling sunday as day 1.

It is obvious that if MO translated this himself, he did not think about international standards, but just did it this way because that's just how he's used to do it. (if he were from europe, he'd done it differently).

I suggest to keep weekdays untranslated. It's not "nice" in a visible point, but it's the most usable way inside Facebook.

Lieven.