tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 06 08:31:11 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] 125,000

Qov ([email protected])

I see that TKD says "some of the number forming elements for higher numbers are ..." and stops at 'uy'. Clearly there are more we don't know. That suggests to me that there is one for each place up as high as Klingons need to count before whatever their scientifix notation is cuts in. But just as people who want to be clear when talking to an international audience avoid words like billion and say "a thousand million" or "a mllion million," I imagine 423,198,765,432 could be understood as loSbIp cha'netlh wejSaD wa'vatlh HutmaH chorgh'uy' Soch bIp javnetlh vaghSaD loSmaH wejmaH cha'.

- Qov

At 01:56 '?????' 6/6/2012, De'vID jonpIn wrote:

Qov:
>>> qepHomwIjDaq jatlh ghojwI', "chay' <125,000> jIjatlh?"

*{wa' chorghvI' 'uy'}

No, not really, but I wish *{-vI'} generalised in this way (from {vatlhvI'}).

qurgh:
>> wa'bIp cha'netlh vaghSaD

Qov:
> That makes sense. Is that canonical, qurgh?

Why else would we have {bIp} and {netlh}?

--
De'vID