tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 25 15:13:55 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch - 'ay' wa'

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

This!

If you use {-ghach} in a translation, you should automatically look for a simpler way to translate.

        - SuStel

If this mailing list had a FAQ, that should be in it.

I too didn't like the offered translation, but I knew that it was going to take some time and cunning to come up with something that had the right flavour, and I didn't want to just shoot down the suggestion without having a replacement. Resistance is Futile is iconic. I think it should be as simple as possible, and not imply the number of those being addressed. (No Su-/bI-).

nu'omlaH pagh

or even just

'omlaH pagh

- Qov