tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 18 13:05:28 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh cha'maH cha': <QIptaH>

De'vID jonpIn ([email protected])

&gt;&gt; But does {Qay} even work for &quot;transfer&quot; in the sense of going from<br>
&gt;&gt; serving on one ship to serving on another, or going from travelling on<br>
&gt;&gt; one ship to travelling on another?  It seems like it means &quot;transfer&quot;<br>
&gt;&gt; in the sense of &quot;to move a substance from one place to another&quot;, based<br>
&gt;&gt; on the two (admittedly not very conclusive) canon examples.</p>
&gt; Moving a substance from container to container and moving a mang from commander to commander are fundamentally different to you?  I might question its use for boarding a different ship in the course of the same journey, but think that transferring between posts matches the meaning if anything does.</p>

&gt; What would you say instead?</p>

De&#39;vID</p>