tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 27 03:09:33 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] -qH- vs. -Q-

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

jatlhpu' Philip:
> do you pronounce {DaqHom} and {DaQom} differently? (Ignoring
> the stress difference.) If not, do you think you should?

In answer to the first question, yes, I do. In my pronunciation /gh/
and /H/ are very much velar and not uvular. The consonantal sequence
in {DaqHom} is also significantly longer.

As to the second, as Quvar said, context usually is enough to tell
the two apart, especially since there aren't that many minimal pairs
possible around that sequence.

QeS 'utlh