tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 23 07:06:28 2011

[Tlhingan-hol] antenna (was Re: nuq bop bom: 'ay' HutmaH wa': <ngoD tetlh>)

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Qov <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey antennae, both electronic and biological have been on my wishlist for a
> while. They come up a lot in this story, so if you have better or just
> alternate suggestions, please send them along.

I think {jeqwI'Du'} works a lot better than {DuQwI'Du'} for antennae.
Or you could call them {jargh nochDu'}.

For antennas (in my experience, the radio kind typically doesn't use
the Latin-style plural) I have a problem. There's no simple functional
description I can think of. A simple physical description would fail
to cover all the styles of rigid metal pole, stretched wire
("aerial"), microwave horn, and whatever a subspace radio antenna
looks like. I'd probably end up coining something silly and unobvious
like {Se' qogh}, and I don't want to do that.

-- ghunchu'wI'