tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 19 21:30:00 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Irregular plurals & prefixes

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM, David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 11/19/2011 12:49 PM, Qov wrote:
>>
>> I've forgotten how irregular plurals work with prefixes.
>
> Irregular plurals are treated as grammatically singular.

The Klingon Dictionary says this explicitly on page 24.

(Actually, it refers to them as "inherently plural" nouns, a phrase
also used consistently in Klingon for the Galactic Traveler. The term
"irregular plurals" seems to have been invented by people like us.)

-- ghunchu'wI'