tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 09 06:32:35 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - First Words

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh, jatlh:
>> I vaguely remember Okrand saying somewhere that the Klingons have
>> sea-faring tradition, but I can't find that reference.
>
> The mention of Klingons' history of naval warfare is in TKW, in the
> discussion of the proverb {loghDaq Suvrupbogh SuvwI'pu' chaH Hoch
> SuvwI'pu''e'} (p.33).
>
> QeS 'utlh

Thanks for that.  Then Kahless would certainly have appreciated this {vIttlhegh} by Themistocles (as quoted by Cicero):

  "He who commands the sea has command of everything."

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons