tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 03 06:40:36 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Human

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

I list the 19 separately, but since a few of these are only variations on a theme – “I’m a Terran, He’s a Terran, etc.” from CK and the ST5 variations - you may count differently.  Here they are:

tera'ngan jIH
I'm a Terran. CK

tera'ngan ghaH
He/She is a Terran. CK

tera'ngan SoH'a'
Are you a Terran? CK

nuq mI'lIj, tera'ngan
What is your number, Terran? CK

Sum Daqmeyvam tera'ngan
These places are nearby, Terran. CK

yISop, tera'ngan
Bon appetit, Terran. CK

Ha'DIbaHmey meQ Sop 'e' tIv tera'nganpu'
Terrans enjoy eating burnt animals. CK [sic! for {lutIv}]

tera'nganvaD romuluS HIq jabQo'
They won't serve Romulan ale to Terrans. CK

tera'ngan motlhbe' SoH
You are an unusual Terran. PK

quvwIj DatIchpu', tera'ngan
[You have insulted my honor, Terran. (untranslated)] PK

toH tera'ngan
[So, Terran... (untranslated)] PK

wa' ghaH tera'ngan'e'
One is a Terran. (ST5 notes)

... tlhIngan'e', tera'ngan'e', romuluSngan'e'
[... a Klingon, a Terran, a Romulan]  ST5

wa' tera'ngan je wa' romuluSngan
A Terran and a Romulan [sic]. ST5

qIm tera'ngan
Attention Earther! (KCD bumper sticker)

tera'ngan ghaH qama''e'
The prisoner is a Terran. KGT

Hoj; tera'ngan rur
cautious as a Terran. KGT

raS ngeQ tera'ngan
The Terran bumps into the table. KGT

ngeQchuq tera'nganpu'
The Terrans collide with each other. KGT

tera'ngan ngIj
rowdy Terran. KGT

tera'ngan Ha'DIbaH!
Terran animal! (STConst p.228)

may' ghe'naQ[na'] lumuchrup tera'nganpu'.
We Terrans will be performing an authentic battle opera. ('u'-MTK)

wanI'vam Dun luleghlaHmeH tlhIngan SuvwI' Duypu' bongeH 'e' lutul tera'nganpu'
We hope that you can send a delegation of honorable emissaries to witness this glorious event. ('u'-MTK)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons