tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 02 14:01:43 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Shopping

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM, David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote:
> The two new Klingon words seem to be quite useful. Here's my take on them:
>
> qoSta' - strip, tape (not necessarily sticky) (n)

I was thinking along the lines of function rather than of form,
something like "recording medium".

> 'aplo' - container (n)

I wouldn't use {'aplo'} for many things that would be a "container" in
English. Perhaps "case" comes closer to what I'm thinking, though that
word too has too wide a meaning.

-- ghunchu'wI'