tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 12 07:04:06 2011

Re: Words ordered by importance?

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

cha' DarSeqmeywIj:

I'd recommend starting with the 500 words that the Level 1 KLCP
requires (http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/guidelines.htm#6)

That way you'll be ready for the test and, if you recommend the same
word list to others, you'll have a larger number of words in common
with other students as well as those that have already passed.

qurgh

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:51 AM, André Müller <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey ho,
> The discussion about tests, learning methods and writing one's own
> dictionary (I can strongly recommend LexiquePro, which is free!) made me
> think about brushing up on my own vocabulary, especially since I consider
> attending the qepHom later this year.
> I always liked learning vocabulary with a free program based on spaced
> repetitioning, called ANKI, which is available for a number of smartphone
> operating systems as well. Works excellently with Chinese, Thai and the
> flags of the world.
> I'd like to create a deck for Klingon. But I'd rather nit start adding *all*
> the thousands of words, affixes and expressions known in Klingon so far. I'd
> rather add them in the order of either frequency or importance (is there
> some course somewhere that introduces vocabulary lesson-by-lesson with more
> important things like I, speak,learn, good, kill, "-mey" first and less
> often used words like lizard, mucus, experience an earthquake, "-qang"
> later?)?
> That'd be really useful. I didn't learn Klingon by courses, so I don't know
> if some sorted list like this already exists.
>
> If someone could point me to such a list, I will upload the ANKI deck for
> anyone to download, too.
>
> Thanks!
> - Andre

Back to archive top level