tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 21 11:32:50 2011

Re: nom qetwI'

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Lieven Litaer <[email protected]> wrote:
> I thought about an adjectivial use of an adverb. I know, this sounds
> strange. Perhaps it's a concept that nobody thought of, or it just
> doesn't work... ?

Qapbe'.

It was thought of, thoroughly discussed, and dismissed. I was on the
"it works for me" side for a while, but I eventually realized it only
worked for me when *I* said it. When someone else tries it, it doesn't
work for me at all.

I wish the tlhIngan-Hol archive search function worked.

> Do all of these just work in the pattern
> {adverb verb-bogh noun}?

ghaytan Qap.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level