tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 11:31:17 2011

Re: vIHpu'ghach Hab

Krenath ([email protected])

Despite the fact that I can get the meaning the original speaker intended, thinking about it, there are a number of assumptions that we as English speakers make that wouldn't be necessarily true for native Klingon speakers:

Would Klingons use 'move' or 'motion' as a synonym for 'action' even if they have a noun for it rather than just a verb?

Would Klingons use 'smooth' as a description of a well-executed action?

Would Klingons not have a native phrase that they would be more inclined to use in a sarcastic or self-deprecatingly sarcastic way?

Back to archive top level