tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 15 11:44:41 2010

Re: 'u' Instruments

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Here's a clip from the actual opera apparently:

http://www.wapt.com/video/24967422/detail.html

Despite the photograph you posted, it looks and sounds like the instruments are pretty standard: an orchestral drum (and chimes?) kit, a flute and some sort of stringed instrument (maybe an 'ud).  And it must be a real opera, because I couldn't understand a word of it!

-- ter'eS

--- On Wed, 9/15/10, Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:

> It's hard to tell from that picture
> what some of those things are or how you'd play them.
> Everything seems to be a variant of a drum, however; I don't
> see any stringed or wind instruments.
>
> -- ter'eS
>
> --- On Wed, 9/15/10, Michael Roney, Jr. <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Michael Roney, Jr. <[email protected]>
> > Subject: 'u' Instruments
> > Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 1:01 PM
> > http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2010/08/klingon-instruments-6601.jpg
> > A picture of the Klingon musical instruments used in
> 'u'.
> >
> > Anyone recognize anything that we have words for?
> >
> > ~naHQun
> >
> > ~Michael Roney, Jr.
> > Professional Klingon translator
> > webOS dev