tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 01 13:19:12 2010

RE: A bit of new canon

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh wrote:
>>>Tracy Canfield attended Saturday's performance of "By Any Other Name:
>>>An Evening of Shakespeare in Klingon" by the Washington Shakespeare
>>> Company.  She was kind enough to share with me the sign she spotted
>>> on the will-call tickets window:
>>>
>>>    elmeH chaw'mey je'lu'ta'bogh
>>>
>>>She didn't see an initial apostrophe (she looked), [....]

lay'tel SIvten:
>>Are you sure that Okrand translated it?

Voragh:
>No idea.  I provided all the information I had.  (Were other Klingonists
>involved in the project?)  But since Okrand is the Washington
>Shakespeare board president, this was public sign at the box office and
>it's consistent with the PK example, it's a good bet.

Tracy just wrote me off-list with more details:

: I suggested to Okrand that the glottal stop was lost in transmission
: from Qo'noS. (Apparently it was in the text he gave the volunteers.)

So, it's authentic.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons