tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 13:03:44 2010

Re: Klingon Games and list archives

Darin Arrick ([email protected])

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> I went to the KLI site in an attempt to access the list archives but
> unfortunately every page leads to a 404 Not Found.  I even tried the RSS
> feed but the newest archived message there is dated Sunday, November 15,
> 2009 10:37 PM
>
> It's a sad thing to see the KLI site only minimally being maintained and
> the list archives no longer linked.

I noticed this, too. Are the messages actually being archived somewhere,
meaning that just the web interface is broken? Or are new messages not being
archived (the worse of the two cases)? Has the KLI webmaster (who is that,
anyway?) been notified?

I'm not yet a member of the KLI, but I think I will join soon. Part of me
wants to offer my services (15+ years in the IT industry, sys admin, network
admin, web developer, programmer, etc.) to upgrade the website, if needed,
but I am hesitant; I've been burned in the past by small non-profits and
those who run them. I'm not saying that the KLI's people are bad, just that
I have past experience that makes me very, very wary of offering assistance.
But, here I am, even mentioning this at all. I guess that means I'm slightly
open to the idea of helping, if asked.

With organizations like the KLI, a website is so incredibly critical that
extra effort should be put into it to make it useful, attractive, and rich
in content. I am of the opinion that the KLI site could be dramatically
improved, which would make it more useful and might even increase
membership.

That's my 0.2 cup of bloodwine. ;-)

Darin Arrick
Tucson, AZ