tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 04 12:28:37 2010

Re: pIqaD handwriting

David Kummer ([email protected])

> I recently received a postcard where the sender wrote their message in
> pIqaD.
>
> My excitement soon faded when I realized that handwritten pIqaD is
> remarkably different than when typed with a computer.
>
> It was also different than the way I write the characters myself.
>
> Eventually, I found out that they used
> http://klingonska.org/pic/longhand.jpg
>

> So, is there a style that's more (or less) preferred than others?
>
> Anyone else had problems reading pIqaD written by someone else?

Sounds about par for the course when it comes to cursive and handwriting,
particularly compared to typing. :P

Is there any documentation on Klingon "calligraphy"? What kind of writing
utensils did they use?

Back to archive top level