tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 20 19:00:51 2010

Re: tlhInganpu' ma'chu' lupwI' loH

Michael Roney ([email protected])

jatlh ghunchu'wI':

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jul/20/klingons-encouraged-take-trolley-comic-con/

>'op vIlaDlaH. 'op vIlaDlaHbe'.

pIqaD vIlaDlaH.
'ach Mandel/Klinzhai vIlaDlaHbe'.

mu'meyvetlh DImugh Voragh, qurgh, jIH je.

Mandel lulo' DIvI' Hol pong.
pIqaD lulo' tlhIngan Hol mu'.

Some of the signs use the romanization.

As far as I know, we translated every sign for that station, and they have removed every English sign and replaced it with its Klingon equivalent.

I am unsure if they will be switched back after the Con.

I am amazed that I have now seen a city recognize Klingon in this matter.
Actual information signs have been made and posted.
(I can see this being used in an argument about Klingon's status as a language...)

Outstanding.

~naHQun

~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator