tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 11:47:42 2010

Jenolan Caves

Michael Roney ([email protected])

Earlier this year, I was contacted by someone from the Jenolan Caves in Austrailia ( http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/ ).
Apparently they wanted to offer one of their self-guided audio tours in Klingon.

At the time, it was just another translation.

This translation was unique for me, since the end result was that the translation was meant to be spoken, instead of read.

A few months later I sent them their script and thought that that was the end.

Next thing I know, they're inviting me down to New South Wales to supervise the recording!

I got back yesterday.

Besides their inability to make it to the States, the main reason for the trip was to be able to actually *see* the caves and make sure that the translation was appropriate--a few changes were indeed made after the tour. And a few were made during the recording session to avoid confusion.

I was accompanied by yIH'a'na' whose voice was lent to the project.

They expect to have the tour ready to go by mid-August right before the local Trek convention (whose URL I can't seem to locate...).

~naHQun

~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
webOS dev