tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 22 23:58:04 2010

Re: The topic marker -'e'

Doq ([email protected])

This could have been said in a much simpler and more straightforward way:

quv may'vam 'e' Har yIHmey neH.

Only tribbles believe that this battle is honorable.

or

quvHa' may'vam; naDev luSuvjaj yIHmey neH!

This battle is dishonorable; may only tribbles fight it.

or

yIH may' Suv qoH neH.

Only a fool fights a tribble's battle.

or

batlhwIj potlh law' may'Homvam potlh puS.

My honor is more important than this insignificant battle.

or

choSuvrupbe'ba'. yIqeq. yIH yISuv.

You are not ready to fight me. Practice. Fight a tribble.

My point is, if you have something to say in Klingon, by all means say it. Let your heart lead you to the words. If your brain works too hard trying to come up with a specific grammar and shoves words into it, you will be less successful in your utterances.

Yep. I'm over 500 messages behind... qaStaHvIS poH 'Iq mu'tetlhvam vIlaDbe'taH. ghaytanHa' Hoch vIlaDlaH...

wej De'wI'mey vIghaj, 'ach QInmeyvam HevlaH wa' neH, 'ej roD De'wI'vam vIlo'be'. chaq Holvam vIlo'laHtaHbe'. notlhchoH laHwIj.

wejpuH.

Doq

Back to archive top level