tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 21 06:10:02 2010

Re: Giving directions

Tracy Canfield ([email protected])

Is there a way to explicitly refer to more than one hotel - something like

?? mebpa'mey qachmey

or maybe even

?? mebpa'mey malja'mey

Or would this just have to be deduced from context?

2010/1/21 Lieven Litaer <[email protected]>:
>> Isn't {mebpa'mey} plural, despite its translation as singular 'hotel'?
>> latlh mu'mey lulo'lu'taHvIS, jatlhnIS vay': nuqDaq *bIH* mebpa'mey'e'?
>
> Obviously this is a plural word in Klingon, like in english "glasses" or "binoculars" referring to one thing, but talking in plural.
>
> About directions, I know a very good joke!
>
> ja' tera'ngan:
>  naDevvo' vaS'a'Daq majaHlaH'a'?
> ja' tlhIngan:
>  lIchopbe'chugh ghewmey!
>
> Quvar.
>

> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Back to archive top level