tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 07 10:16:30 2010

Re: qoSwIj

On 1/7/2010 10:36 AM, [email protected] wrote:
> [email protected]:
>
>> >  pab qab vIlo'be'taH
>> >
>> >  Now, that's just part of what I wanted to say. First, I'm not sure
>> >  that 'using bad grammar' is best rendered ar {pab qab lo'taH}. Second,
>> >  and more importantly, I can't figure out how to say "in the future".
>> >  I've found {pIq} which seems to convey the meaning of future, but that
>> >  is a noun and I can't find a way to convert it appropriately. I
>> >  suppose {pIqDaq} is too facile...
>> >
> Ahh, found the answer to my problem a few emails down... a case of
> premature reply;-)
>
> So:
>
> pIq pab qab vIlo'be'taH.
>
> Remaining issue: is {pIq} a good way to say "future"? Or is it used in
> a more specific sense?

It has never been used that way, but it does make sense. Some have
objected, saying that you have to use it in conjunction with a time
period, but this has not actually been established.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/

Back to archive top level