tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 03 08:22:53 2010

Re: quvHa''eghmoH machchu'-tun ghunwI'pu'.

R Fenwick ([email protected])

jIjatlh:
>One way I might have said "I copy X" is {chang'eng vIchenmoH 'ej wa'
>vIQay}.  Obviously, other ways are possible.

mujang Voragh, ja':
>X nIb vIchenmoH  "I make an identical X":
>  De' nIb DachenmoHchugh bIquvHa'
>  To duplicate data is a great dishonor.  [DCTF2]

Coo, yes, I'd forgotten about that example! It's perfect here. So for
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv's sentence, perhaps:

tInbogh loS De' ghom nIb vIchenmoH vIneHchugh...
"if I want to copy four large data sets..."

maybe with a locative noun like {latlh qawHaqDaq} to clarify further.

QeS 'utlh

Back to archive top level