tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 24 11:56:13 2009

Re: Question in Klingon

André Müller wrote:
> Dear all,
> I've been racking my brains, dictionaries and Hamlet what might be the
> Klingon word best suitable for the meaning "question, request" (also
> possible are: "invitation, demand"). There are enough verbs to express this,
> but I couldn't find any noun even close to this...
> Does anyone have an idea?

The usual answer to this is: don't express it as a noun; express it as a
verb. The usual follow-up to this is: tell us the full context of what
you're trying to say, so we can better advise you. Don't ask us to
translate words in a contextual vacuum.

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH