tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 21 10:17:32 2009

Re: Klingon Sentence Structure

Fiat Knox ([email protected])

(6.1, TKD p. 59) The basic sentence structure is

OBJECT - VERB - SUBJECT

So a sentence like "The alien put down the phaser" would come out as

pu'HIch roQ nov

(pu'HIch phaser; roQ put down; nov alien)

You're also going to have to read up on verb prefixes and suffixes (p. 32 of TKD) for sentences involving first and second person subjects and objects ("I, me" and "you") such as vulqangan Hol vIjatlh "I speak Vulcan" and juDevnIS "You must lead us" but basically for beginning level Klingon sentences of the "the officer hit the prisoner" kind, 6.1 is the place to start.