tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 25 14:24:19 2009

Re: Klingon orthography

Michael Everson ([email protected])

On 25 Jun 2009, at 21:45, ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Michael
> Everson<[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 25 Jun 2009, at 20:49, ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:
>>
>>> vaj chIch jIHvaD jabbI'IDmey chIm DangeHta''a'?
>>
>> No. I sent the message intentionally, not by a slip of the finger on
>> the keyboard. That it had an incomplete sentence was inadvertent.
>
> mu'tlhegh naQHa' lungaSbe' wej jabbI'IDmey DangeHbogh.

Yes, I sent out three messages which contained incomplete sentences.

> mu'tlhegh naQ lungaSbe'.

Yes, they did not contain complete sentences.

> pagh'e' lungaS.

No, they were probably actually incomplete. I'm not even sure which
messages they are now. Moving on?

> chImqu' bIH.

Like nirvana, the blowing out of the candle? Supreme Emptiness?

> vIwoDta'mo' vI'anglaHbe', 'ach tlhegh veb rur:

Due to your hurrying, you could not show it, but it resembles the next
line...

[several lines of emptiness follow]

> yaj'a'?

Possibly.

>>> qatlh bIvIDtaH?
>>
>> I'm not.
>
> Daqapchugh, qaHarqang.

qatlho'.

====

Well this has been more or less good for me. I'm working on a short
translation right now. The syntax is a bit difficult. I'd like to post
my efforts here for critique and improvement, in a different thread
(different subject line too) if that's all right.