tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 25 10:47:20 2009

RE: tlhIngan Degh (was Re: bong tlhIngan Hol pIqaD je vItu')

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

[email protected] writes:
>> It looks like he used it as a period.
>> mu'tlhegh (insert one of the "end" words here) ghItlhlaw'meH lo'.

lay'tel SIvten:
>I assume you mean the words {megh'an} and {'er'In}.  Can those words even
>be applied to a relatively abstract object such as a sentence?  The only
>words I've seen that are used as examples are "stick" and "rope" or
>"whatever".

Also bridges (the kind you walk across):

HQ 12.2:7-8:  {qa'rI'} is also used for the end of bounded space which is seen as having length even if it is not enclosed space. Thus, it is used for the end of a road, the end of a bridge, the end of a long field. [...] On the other hand, if a bridge is under construction and lies halfway across a river or gorge or freeway, it may be said to have a {megh'an} (or {'er'In}). One could, in theory, hang a sign or flag from the {megh'an} (or {'er'In}), but one could walk on this incomplete bridge only as far as the {qa'rI'}.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level