tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 25 01:47:22 2009

Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> On 24 Jun 2009, at 21:16, Lieven Litaer wrote:
>
> > without reading any of the other mails:
> >
> > I agree to most of what you suggest.
>
> Who?

I still didn't have the time to read the other mails, but now have some time to answer:

Sorry; I was referring to the very first mail of this thread, where someone suggested a reformation of the Klingon letters.

I have also been thinking about the idea to change the letters. Most importantz argument in this point is that Klingon looks really silly to most people who do not know it, because they just see capital and minor case letters in a sentence.

Minor case letters look much more fluent and serious in a language, and people might accept the Klingon language as a real language more easily.

{veQDuj vISop vIneH} could be written like "veqduj visop vinex" - Why not?

and to distinguish q/Q I suggest k/q (probably someone else already said that)

Just my opinion :-)

Lieven
Quvar 'utlh.