tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 06:59:09 2009

Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

(Just wanted to point out that I didn't say the text quoted below)
~naHQun

-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
http://twitter.com/roneyii

--Sent from my Palm Preghunchu'wI' wrote:

On Jun 24, 2009, at 5:04 AM, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:

> I want to respect case distinctions. I'd be very happy if Klingon
> orthography could write personal names like Qugh, Ghawran, Lursa',
> Be'etor, Qeng, Viqsis, Mogh, Hus, and 'Atrom (KGT p. 197) with capital
> letters.

It sounds like you want to *make* case distinctions for your own
purposes, not respect them where they already exist.  Maybe your
meaning of the word "respect" differs from mine?

Your capitalization of that last name as 'Atrom suggests that your
understanding of Klingon orthography is faulty.  Regardless of your
wider experience and credentials, and despite your definite and
acknowledged contributions to the Klingon-speaking community, you
haven't demonstrated that you know enough about actually *using*
Klingon to make appropriate suggestions for changing it.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level