tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 03:48:12 2009

Re: Klingon orthography

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jun 24, 2009, at 4:51 AM, Michael Everson wrote:

> You can't "delete" case equivalences from the Standard.

But one is not required to convert "case-equivalent" letters to be
indistinguishable.  Unicode does have "q" and "Q" as separate
letters, after all.

Your entire thesis seems to be based on losing information if you
choose to modify the case of letters.  So?  If I chose to replace all
"o" characters with "e" characters, that would lose information as
well.  The proper response to both "problems" is simple: choose not
to do it.

Throwing out a quarter century of printed text and replacing it with
a bunch of Greek [sic] that nobody has on their keyboard is an
overreaction to something that is only an issue if you make it one.
Unless you can give a better reason to make it an issue than "you
lose information if you apply a case change", I'm done with it.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level