tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 23 20:36:05 2009

Re: Klingon orthography

In a message dated 6/23/2009 18:30:48 Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Michael, being a typographer, understands well the purpose of lower-case
> letters. They provide a break for the eye, and really do make text
> easier to read. (I still yearn for better support for text figures on
> the Web.) They're not some pointless, arbitrary form that someone came
> up with one day.

So many languages (e.g., Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Sanskrit/Hindi)
have no native concept of letter case that this is highly dubious and
possibly irrelevant.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level