tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 23 16:50:07 2009

Re: Klingon orthography

Michael Everson ([email protected])

On 23 Jun 2009, at 22:47, David Trimboli wrote:

> (I still yearn for better support for text figures on  the Web.)

What, oldstyle numerals?

> They're not some pointless, arbitrary form that someone came up with
> one day.

No, they're not. And I remember reading TKD in 1985, noticing that
Okrand had used S and D just to try to impress on naïve English
speakers that the sounds weren't [s] and [d]. Useful at the time, but
I am not sure those conventions are good for the long term.