tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 19 20:13:25 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Once more into the ship in which I fled
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Once more into the ship in which I fled
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1245467488; bh=+SIiUPgQm0Chn3nZIPkdubOKU1bZ8tw9pb9gsOZAucg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=PgDz/XNa7CbfKxCWvoiPZlexRM8Mv2e8TIyKKhF3AzWyYcjSq6rT2tJudM2V85Gu/l+Xv4IS6Riof0lLvR1nKE7+VmrPbGzEu+XxVlt1jG+xjoUXAdhkLKRZo/UkB1UzlFA0ekvvrhZURSwGcDr3YLO762vxCP1YWCbZbUGuXoc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=aeFBUMFHgXz+9lRv83jAhVTGFsMbXrfWP5wp/6CjSnQTR32eOWLXCe80obiSDdxm+dvnuhkFR3UP49+2CW32eT0K1HdjNKOOxCNSeT3ntfebnuKEXsRJqqLA5Gh1hRnH185sN4Y7ugMEWbJAZx7x5nfG/pK+ZDnp7dOy+T0UhgE=;
--- On Fri, 6/19/09, David Trimboli <email@example.com> wrote:
> From: David Trimboli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Subject: Re: Once more into the ship in which I fled
> To: email@example.com
> Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 7:34 PM
> McArdle wrote:
> > I'd be glad to hear other people's reactions to this.
> Well, it makes for good reading, but I don't see that this
> solution is
> any more desirable than any number of other possible
> invented solutions
> to the problem, or indeed any more likely to be the
> "correct" one.
Seriously? It has exactly the same merits and demerits as every single one of the other proposed solutions? Or, failing that, at least the exact same _balance_ of merits and demerits? That seems extremely unlikely on its face.
I think the only way this can be true is if you've decided a priori that no conceivable proposal has any chance of being "correct" or "desirable". Which is, in fact, a defensible position in light of Klingon's status as a language with a Single Source of Truth (especially when the SST has reputedly found the problem insoluble). But it does sort of get in the way of discussion.