tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 05 12:55:38 2009

Re: tera'Daq jIghIQvIS

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

The nasalized French "a" is not by any stretch as close to {o} as {a}.
 It is exactly a nasalized version of {a}, which Klingons probably
nasalize before {n} and {ng} without even realizing it, just as we do
in English.  I could see transliterating "France" as {ghanIS} or
{ghach} or any number of variants, but an {o} makes no sense at all.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level