tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 04 15:31:34 2009

Re: Klingon WOTD: qugh (v)

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Boozer" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: Klingon WOTD: qugh (v)

>>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Monday, February 2, 2004.
>>
>>Klingon word:   qugh
>>Part of Speech: verb
>>Definition:     cruise
>
> [--snipped--]
>
> Also, in the current HolQeD (12.4) Krankor reminded us of the "unofficial
> slang" word *{qughwI'} or "motorcycle" (literally "cruiser", which he says
> is a particular class of motorcycle).
> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Accepting this unofficial slang, could a description of a bicycle be
[qughwI'Hom]?

Before I'd re-read/found this email I had been thinking of describing a
bicycle as a "leg powered vehicle" or "leg energy transporter"
{'uS HoS lupwI'} then at first seeing references to the unofficial use of
Duj and then here qughwI' ['uS HoS Duj] or ['uS HoS qugh]

However I wonder if you can use leg energy in that way.. so thought maybe
qughwI'Hom would be better and shorter.

What does anyone else think?

qe'San

Back to archive top level