tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 02 10:53:10 2009

Re: Numbers with pronouns

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 07:07, ghunchu'wI' 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:
> It's pretty much anti-canon.  The existence of the verb {taH} "go on,
> endure, continue" (and the real-world context which created it) is a
> very strong indication that one does not use pronouns to mean "to be"
> in the sense of "to exist".

At yet we use the pronouns to mean "be at" a place, which is to say,
to mean "to exist in a place." The existence of the verb <taH> hardly
demonstrates that pronouns can't mean "to exist."

Back to archive top level