tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 17 12:02:11 2009

RE: wa'Hu' Heghpu' leSpal teH.

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Mark J. Reed:
>>> leSpal teH?  'Iv ghaH leSpal ngeb'e'?
Voragh:
>> vaj <<leSpalna'>> DamaS'a'?

Mark J. Reed:
>I think what is needed here is a word for "original".  Neither {teH}
>nor {-na'} feels quite right.

That was exactly the problem:  I considered both before finally opting for {teH}.  The problem of course is that, since we have no examples in canon, we don't know when {teH} is appropriate.   IF {teH} "be true" is indeed the opposite of {ngeb} "be counterfeit, be false, be fake", then examples of the latter may be of some help:

  may' ngeb tIv
  Hoch Everyone enjoys a mock battle. CK

  tlhutlhmeH HIq ngeb qaq law' bIQ qaq puS
  Drinking fake ale is better than drinking water. TKW

  muD ngeb SeHwI'
  pat atmospheric control system [i.e. "artificial atmosphere"] KBoP

>Maybe {leSpal wa'DIch}?

I suppose that's just as good (or not) as the others, but I would understand that as the prototype instrument, as Kahless's {batlh 'etlh} was the first {betleH}.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level