tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 13:46:19 2008

"Numeric" nouns?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

lay'tel SIvten:
> > poster BoP    {choH lISbogh Hap'e': cha'pujqut}  Reaction Moderating
> Element - Crystalline Dilithium

Voragh:
>>I wouldn't include the nouns {cha'puj} and {cha'pujqut} with the examples
>>of the number {cha'}.  But it is an example of how numbers can combine to
>>form compound nouns.

Another example is {loSpev} "quadrotriticale".

Interesting that they're both "scientific" sounding names.  Interesting too
that the other (second) morpheme in these - *{puj} (some sort of mineral?)
and *{pev} (lobe [of grain]?) - are unattested separately, though *{puj}
shows up again in the common mineral {beqpuj} *bekpuj*.

Can anyone think of other examples?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons