tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 26 18:11:34 2007

Re: puchpa'?

Doq ([email protected])

The reason that Terrans tend to have toilets, sinks, tubs and showers
in the same room is that they all involve running water and it costs
less to plumb a bunch of stuff in one room than it does to spread
them all over the house. Meanwhile, you seem to assume that Klingon
toilets involve running water. You also assume that a self-respecting
Klingon would have a bathtub or shower in his home. That's like
assuming that their beds involve padding. For that matter, why assume
running water? I personally suspect that a Klingon home would be more
likely outfitted with Romulan ale on tap than running water.

Water not worth pulling up in a bucket from a well is not worth
drinking, that's what *I* say. If there's not a sporting chance of
falling in and drowning, then what fun is it to drink water?

The same can be said for toilets, as far as I'm concerned. What good
is life without these little thrills to keep the heart pumping?

Notice that we don't have words for "washroom", "bathroom" or
"shower" in Klingon. That might be that these words are as
unnecessary in describing a Klingon home as "targ scented bed polish"
is in the context of describing a Terran home.

Doq

Back to archive top level