tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 25 14:36:23 2007

Re: nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'?

Doq ([email protected])

We seem to be making a lot of grammatical conclusions without much
backing. If Okrand ever explained any of this, we'd know. Otherwise,
given how little canon there is to back any of this up, we could be
making sweeping generalizations involving rules we are making up that
no Klingon speaker would consider accurate. It might just be
arbitrary wording that the speaker chose on whim, and we go running
off, making rules to make these choices exclusively right.

In other words, this might be something up with which maltz would not
put.

Maybe if we just spoke the language more and made fewer rules, we'd
advance the language farther.

Just my opinion.

Doq

Back to archive top level