tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 24 10:23:26 2007

Meanwhile, at the KLI (was: Re: Joining (and failing to join) the KLI)

Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

> Following up on the conversation a few months ago
> about joining the KLI, has anyone had success using
> surface mail?  I sent a check to the address listed at
> kli.org three weeks ago, and I haven't heard a word,
> nor has the check been cashed.
>
> It's beginning to look like there may be no way at all
> to join the KLI.
>
> Help would be appreciated.
Help is, I believe, on the way.

First, the good news: I've acquired a new house. Since I remarried
two years and change ago, everything the KLI owns had been stuffed
into a small basement room of the two bedroom townhouse my wife and
I shared. Most of the stuff remained in boxes during that time.
Beginning the first of the month we moved into a large four bedroom
home, with a spacious basement (a large chunk of which has been
dedicated to the KLI). Shelves have gone up, and I have already
begun unpacking all of the KLI's materials.

Additional good news: During the moving process, I stumbled upon
approximately fifty (50) copies of the trade paperback version of
THE GRAMMARIAN'S DESK, previously believed to be out-of-print. Hooray!

I'm attempting to contact the KLI's webmaster Mark Shoulson (aka
Seqram) so that we can once again get the Merchant page running. Once
this happens, we'll re-open to accepting membership, as well as
selling merchandise (like HolQeD back issues and books).

I will also begin looking for a venue for the qep'a'. Please start
thinking about whether you will be able to attend or not. The sooner
I can put together an idea of how many people will be attending, the
greater the chance for more structure and goodies.

taHjaj wo',

'angghal
--
Lawrence M. Schoen, Ph.D.