tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 11 01:39:01 2007

jop 'ej way'

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Greetings!

Working on my dictionary, something is confusing me:

Source: KGT p. 115: Idioms, nr. 12: jop 'ej way'

"In using the the expression, the appropriate verbal affixes are attached: for example, {wIjoppu' 'ej wIway'pu'} ("We have lunged and we have deflected") -- that is, "We have had an argument")."

a) What is the object of this wI-? Maybe the sword, but this not mentioned in the english translation.
b) Or is this a mistake? like somwhere else is written {wI'oj} meaning "we are thirsty."

Quvar.