tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 07 11:47:52 2007

Re: vIghro'vetlh

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

mI'qey:
>"vay' Dalajqang pagh Dalajqangbe' 'e' vIloy 'e' vInIDDI', Qatlhqu' 'e' vItu'."
>
>points of grammar:
>1) is it valid to use a verb with zero prefix for an impersonal
>construction such as "it is very difficult"
>(= *{Qatlhqu'})?  I don't remember whether TKD addresses this kind of
>usage or not.

I don't believe it's covered in TKD, but we have an example of this very
verb so used from ST5:

   Vixis: {tlha'a HoD, DoS wIpuStaH.  nejwI' tIQ 'oH.}
          Captain Klaa, we have a target in sight. A probe of ancient origin.

   Klaa:  {qIpmeH Qatlh'a'?}
          Difficult to hit?

   Vixis: {Qatlhqu'.}
          Most difficult.