tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 27 15:44:59 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: peng (noun)

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh, ja':
>The warhead of the torpedo is called its {jorneb} (which seems to
>contain the verb {jor} ["explode"] but is otherwise not analyzable).

No longer, I suspect. In HolQeD 10:4, pp. 4-5, where we are given vocabulary connected with birds, we are given the noun {neb} "beak, bill of a bird"; I find the idea of a torpedo or missile as a bird of prey diving at its target beak-first to be a rather apposite metaphor.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx

Back to archive top level