tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 27 15:01:38 2007

Re: TUNGUSKA mupmeH Daq tu'lu''a'?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> >TUNGUSKA mupmeH Daq tu'lu''a'?
> >Tunguska impact crater found?
> >
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6239334.stm
> >
> >Suggestions for "crater"?

Robyn Stewart:
>chunDab Saqpu'ghach

Saqjan ghaj'a' chunDab?  <mon>

>chunDab ghor Daq

"meteor('s) surface site"

I wonder... can {ghor} "surface (of planet)" also refer to the surface of
the meteor itself, or only to planets - and nothing else?

I suppose I could go with a relative clause:

   Daq'e' muppu'bogh chunDab
   the site that the meteor struck/impacted

   Daq muppu'bogh chunDab'e'
   the meteor that struck/impacted the site

Of these, I still prefer my first attempt:  {mupmeH Daq} "impact site".  Or
should this be {muplu'meH Daq}?  (Using {-meH} and {-lu'} always confuses me!)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level