tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 02 19:42:56 2007

qep'a' De'

Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I am still locking in the hotel price for the 14th annual qep'a', but
I expect to have this to post on Monday.
Tentatively, here is what I know:

Date: beginning Wednesday evening, July 25th, and ending Sunday
morning, July 29th. As was the case last year, there is no formal
banquet scheduled for Wednesday night, but those who arrive can all
gather for dinner. Sunday morning will involve the traditional leave-
taking and final song.

Site: I believe we will be back at the same Comfort Inn we enjoyed
last year. The reasons for this include: price (they're still fairly
cheap, though I suspect the price will be a few dollars more than
last year), location (they're near the airport, and offer free
shuttle service), familiarity (we've been there twice before, and
they like us).

Cost: I'm estimating $30, mostly to cover the expense of the meeting
room. Alas, gone are the days when hotels would donate the room.
Because there are still problems with the KLI's merchant page,
payment can be made at the qep'a' itself (please bring cash).

Once I lock in our contract with the hotel (again, I anticipate this
happening on Monday), I'll post the procedure for booking your hotel
room and the rate.

Obviously, there's some real concern if anyone is going to be able to
attend, given the late date of this effort. For this reason, now that
you have a bit more info, if you believe you'll be able to attend,
please post  that intention to this list. You'll add to the momentum.

Thanks,

Lawrence
--
Lawrence M. Schoen, Ph.D.