tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 13 18:07:53 2007

Back scratcher?

Zrajm C Akfohg ([email protected])

I was recently asked how I would translate "back scratcher" into
Klingon, and is now wondering if anyone here would have anything to
input on the matter. -- Just to clarify: I am talking about a tool
used to scratch ones back in the quite literal sense, so not a
metaphor or any such thing.

I was thinking {Dub pach} or maybe {Dub naQ} -- but that would
probably be understood as a claw or cane belonging to the back,
qar'a'? (Or maybe, in case of {pach}, as a claw growing out of the
back?)

Has anyone come up with a way to talk about scraching (or itching)?

Maybe {belmoHmeH naQ/pach}?

/maHvatlh

--
  Zrajm C Akfohg   Mobil: 076-211 50 43   E-post: [email protected]
  Villav.33, 2tr   Telefon: 018-500 911   http://zrajm.klingonska.org/

Back to archive top level